|Form number||Instructions||Form title
|Instructions on form
|Request for Additional Extension of Time to File (for franchise/business taxes, MTA surcharge, or both)
You can file all other extension requests online
Most corporation taxpayers are required to file their extensions electronically. You may file the forms listed below online. If you're e-filing with approved software or using our Web File online service and want to read the form instructions, see the corporation tax extension request instructions.
- Form CT-5, Request for Additional Extension of Time to File (franchise/business taxes, MTA surcharge, or both)
- Form CT-5.3, Request for Six-Month Extension to File (for combined franchise or combined MTA surcharge return, or both)
- Form CT-5.4, Request for Six-Month Extension to File New York S Corporation Franchise Tax Return
- Form CT-5.9, Request for Three-Month Extension to File (for Article 9 tax return, MTA surcharge, or both)
- Form CT-5.9-E, Request for Three-Month Extension to File Form CT-186-E
How to file online
File using our Online Services or your NYS approved e-file software. To use our Online Services, create an account, log in, and select File a corporation tax online extension. We offer several tools to help you:
- Watch video
- View a detailed demo
- Print a checklist of information needed to create your account
If you're unable to file electronically, call (518) 457-5431 and request a form.