Make an estimated income tax payment
If the Tax Department sent you a notice and you want to pay it, see Pay a bill or notice. Do not pay a bill from this page.
Make an estimated income tax payment through our website
You can pay directly from your bank account or by credit card through your Online Services account.
Note: There is no online option at this time for Forms IT-2658, Report of Estimated Tax for Nonresident Individual Partners and Shareholders, or CT-2658, Report of Estimated Tax for Corporate Partners. See Pay estimated tax by check or money order for instructions.
Pay from bank account (free)
Authorize a direct debit from a checking or savings account and:
- save your bank account information (optional),
- receive instant confirmation from the New York State Tax Department, and
- schedule payments in advance. Note: To schedule additional payments, return to your Account Summary homepage and select Make a payment again.
Your bank statement will indicate our receipt of your payment with an NYS Tax Payment line item for the authorized amount.
Pay by credit card (2.25% convenience fee)
Our improved credit card payment features will:
- provide easy-to-use payment screens,
- quicken the process, and
- simplify your payment experience.
- Log in to (or create) your Individual Online Services account. (If you are making an estimated tax payment for an estate or trust and have a fiduciary account, log in to your Fiduciary Online Services account instead.)
- Select the ≡ Services menu from the upper left-hand corner of the page.
- Select Payments, bills and notices, then select Make a payment from the expanded menu.
Want to schedule additional payments? Return to your Account Summary homepage and select Make a payment again.
View the estimated tax payment due dates to ensure your payment is timely.
Other payment options
If you are filing Forms IT-2658, Report of Estimated Tax for Nonresident Individual Partners and Shareholders, or CT-2658, Report of Estimated Tax for Corporate Partners—or if you are not ready to electronically file Forms IT-2105, Estimated Income Tax Payment Voucher, or IT-2106, Estimated Income Tax Payment Voucher for Fiduciaries—see Pay estimated tax by check or money order.