Make a personal income tax return payment online
Did you receive a bill for the tax due on your income tax return? See Pay a bill or notice.
If you haven't received a bill, pay the tax due on your return through an Individual Online Services account, either directly from your bank account or by credit card.
Pay from bank account (free)
Authorize a direct debit from a checking or savings account and:
- schedule payments in advance,
- save your bank account information, and
- receive instant confirmation from the New York State Tax Department.
Your bank statement will indicate our receipt of your payment with a NYS Tax Payment line item for the authorized amount.
Pay by credit card (2.25% convenience fee)
We have updated our credit card feature to:
- provide easy-to-use payment screens,
- quicken the process, and
- simplify your payment experience.
We have arrangements with Wells Fargo to provide card services. Wells Fargo accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
To make your payment
- Log in to (or create) your Individual Online Services account.
- Select the ≡ Services menu in the upper-left corner of your Account Summary homepage.
- Payments, bills and notices, then choose Make a Payment from the expanded menu.
Not ready to pay electronically?
Use Form IT-201-V, Payment Voucher for Income Tax Returns, to mail in a check or money order.