Skip headers Skip navigation

Request an installment payment agreement

It is in your best interest to pay all tax bills in full immediately. By doing so, you will avoid accruing more penalties and interest and the start of civil enforcement action. If you cannot pay your bill immediately, you can request an installment payment agreement (IPA).

We base the decision to allow an IPA on a thorough review of:

  • prior history of compliance,
  • current financial condition, and
  • adherence to all Department requirements

To make your request:

  • Log in to your Online Services account (or create an account if you don't already have one), select Payments, bills and notices, and then Request an installment payment agreement; or
  • Have a copy of your bill and call 518-457-5434, enter your taxpayer ID number, and enter the four-digit PIN provided on your billing notice

We can only speak with you or your designated representative if they have a valid Power of Attorney form on file with us. (This includes a family member or anyone other than the person or principals of the assessed business.) See our Power of Attorney page for the form and more information, including a mailing address.

If you can't meet the IPA requirements, we will start the civil enforcement process. See Publication 125, The Collection Process for more information.

Updated: January 08, 2016