Form POA-1, Power of Attorney
Use the Tax Department’s POA web application to quickly and accurately complete and submit Form POA-1, Power of Attorney!
Taxpayers or their representatives may submit Form POA-1 using our web application, accessible from an Online Services account.
- guidance through the application using built-in messages and prompts to explain each line or section;
- prepopulated information that we have on file for the taxpayer, including all tax types and collection, assessment, or audit cases; and
- speed—your POA will be on file sooner!
To use our POA web application, simply:
- Log in to (or create) your Online Services account.
- Select Other tools (or Business tools) under the Services menu.
- Select File a power of attorney from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the required data fields.
- Print and sign the form.
- Scan and attach the signed form to submit.
Important: Do not attach a paper Form POA-1 or another power of attorney that wasn’t generated by the web application. You must fax or mail your form.
Designate your representative electronically
Attention tax professionals: You must add a taxpayer as a client in your Online Services account before you can create a POA on your client’s behalf.
If you are not ready to file electronically
You can still complete Form POA-1 using our web application. Just print and sign the form and send it directly to the Tax Department by fax (preferred) or mail, but not both.