Assessment Community Weekly 3/4/19
New property tax cap webpage
Last week, Governor Cuomo launched a Tax Fairness for the Middle Class Campaign to make the property tax cap permanent and cut middle class taxes. The new webpage includes a Property Tax Cap Savings Calculator.
Last week, we mailed 405 tentative railroad ceilings to 308 towns and 35 cities. The hearing date will be March 27.
Please provide us with your STAR third-party notice forms
To accommodate seniors who have requested third-party notices regarding the Enhanced STAR exemption, please provide us with copies of Form RP-425-TPN, Request for Mailing of Notice to a Third Party Regarding Enhanced STAR Exemption.
You can provide the forms to us in the following ways:
- Scan the RP-425-TPN forms and email them to IVPForms@tax.ny.gov. (Reminder: Due to the Social Security numbers on Form RP-425-IVP, do not email those forms to this address. For secure email instructions, see How to transmit IVP forms to the Tax Department.)
- Fax the forms to 518-457-0866.
- Hand-deliver the forms to your ORPTS Customer Service Liaison.
- Mail the forms to:
NYS TAX DEPARTMENT
PROPERTY TAX RELIEF UNIT - IVP
W A HARRIMAN CAMPUS
ALBANY NY 12227-0801
New on Judicial cases:
- NYCTL 2012-A Trust v 1698 Lex Corp.
- NYCTL 1998-2 Trust v Frederick Siemon