Sales Tax Filers: Convenient Online Resources Available for Efficient, Error-Free Filing Monthly and quarterly sales tax filers must submit their returns by the June 20 deadline
For Release: Immediate,
For press inquiries only, contact: James Gazzale, 518-457-7377
The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance today reminded monthly and quarterly sales tax filers about convenient options available to help them meet their obligation to file an accurate sales tax return on time.
- Sales Tax Web File makes filing easy, fast, and flexible—allowing payments to be scheduled up until the due date. It’s free to use and allows filers to make payments directly from their bank’s checking or savings account.
- The Sales Tax Web File page offers a variety of resources, including filing guidance, videos, and demos, to help filers prepare accurate sales tax returns.
- Registered sales tax vendors must file sales tax returns even if they had no taxable sales, taxable purchases, or credits to report. They face penalties if they don’t meet their filing obligations.
Monthly and quarterly sales tax returns are due no later than 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, June 20.
To Web File:
- Log in to your Online Services account.
- Select Sales tax - file and pay in the Services menu.
- Select Sales Tax Web File from the drop-down.