Week of 2/1/2016 through 2/5/2016
- NYS Tax Department Regulations Meeting on January 15, 2016
The following webpage has recently been updated as a result of the Regulatory Actions taken on January 15, 2016.
- NYS Tax Department Issues the Brownfield Credit Report Calendar Year 2015 Data Set
The following item has been recently posted to our Web site. Brownfield Credit Report Calendar Year 2015 Data Set
- NYS Tax Department provides additional frequently asked questions about corporate tax reform
Additional frequently asked questions about corporate tax reform have been added to the Corporate Tax Reform FAQs Web page.
- Governor Cuomo Warns Consumers of New Tax Season Scams
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today alerted consumers to new tax season scams from individuals posing as Treasury representatives. Over the past several weeks, taxpayers, as well as tax preparers, have received calls from scammers claiming to be from the U.S. and New York State Treasury Departments. The Governor also announced the launch of a new website for New Yorkers to report scams, fraudulent activity, and identity theft.
- Contraband Cigarettes Seized in Schenectady
The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance said today that a 55-year-old Schenectady resident has been charged with the possession of 21 cartons of contraband cigarettes.
- NYS Tax Commissioner visits free tax filing assistance site at Empire State Plaza; highlights benefits of online filing and warns of latest tax season scams
NYS Tax Commissioner visits free tax filing assistance site at Empire State Plaza; highlights benefits of online filing and warns of latest tax season scams