STAR credit report instructions
How to access STAR credit reports
- Log in to ORPTS Assessment Community website (If you have additional staff needing access to the website, submit Form RP-5100, Assessment Community Request for Secure Access).
- Select STAR Eligibility from the Assessment Community Resource Center Screen.
- Select STAR Credit Program from the STAR Eligibility Program Selection Screen and agree to the Security Contract.
- Choose the assessing unit for which you are requesting data - select the STAR Credit Reports.
- RPSV4 users are strongly encouraged to use the STAR Credit Update utility to manage updates to your file. Users of other assessment
administration software may manually maintain STAR Credits using the ‘STAR Credit Eligible’ report.
- Prior to tax bill processing: Marker codes of ‘99999’ must be placed on properties that have been determined to be eligible for a STAR check.
- All exemption data for Mobile Home or Co-op STAR Credit applicants should be completely removed from your file prior to tax bill
From the reports link, the following items are available:
STAR Credit bulk update transaction file
- You may download and save this file for use with the RPSv4 admin/update program/STAR Management/STAR Credit Update utility which will automatically update exemption fields with marker exemption codes for those parcels that will receive a STAR check directly from New York State.
Important: Your RPSV4 database must be updated to release 2016.1931 prior to using the STAR Credit Update utility.
- Marker exemption codes will drive the required language on the tax bills for those jurisdictions using the FoxPro tax billing software.
- By default, the file will save to your download folder. You may also save the file to the location of your choice.
- County staff responsible for database updates must select muni transaction files individually.
- Users have the option to select the roll year against which transactions will be applied.
- Processing instructions are contained within the STAR Credit Update user interface.
- Batch transactions will not act on parcels that meet the following criteria:
- PCC = 416
- Owner Code = P or Q
- Multiple STAR exemptions
- You will need RPS administrative update rights to run the transaction file against your database. Contact your RPS database administrator for assistance.
For more information, refer to the RPSv4 help topic, STAR Credit Update.
- “C” (STAR Credit Eligible) report
- Lists the parcels which we’ve determined will receive a STAR check directly from New York State.
- If your assessing unit does not have properties that are eligible for the program, you will see the message ‘No “C” status records available ‘when you click view.
Working with the Data
You can opt to “View” or “Download” the reports. Both view and download options default to reflect most recent status changes at the top.
- View Option:
- Displays 20 records per page.
- You may click on any column heading for ascending sort.
- Download Option:
- Click download button.
- Save and unzip file.
- Open file in Microsoft Excel