STAR credit report instructions
STAR credit reports provide assessors with the list of property owners who will receive a STAR credit check. The school tax bills for these property owners must include the required notification about the STAR credit check.
Follow the instructions below to access the reports and update your roll files with the “99999” marker code for these properties
How to access STAR credit reports
- Access the reports from the Online Assessment Community. (See User tips for the Online Assessment Community.) If you have additional staff needing access to the secure website, please request an account.
- After you log in, select STAR eligibility.
- Select STAR credit program and agree to the security contract.
- Choose your assessing unit, and select STAR credit reports.
- To download or view the reports, see the two options below.
For RPSV4 users: STAR credit bulk update transaction file
We strongly recommend that RPSV4 users download and save this report. To update the affected parcels, you can use the STAR Credit Update Utility, which is available in the RPSV4 Administration – Update Program – STAR Management module. The utility will update exemption fields with the “99999” marker exemption codes for those parcels that will receive a STAR credit check.
To run the STAR Credit Update Utility:
- Your RPSV4 database must be updated to release R2016.2118/776, which is available from Real Property System.
- You will need RPS administrative update rights to run the transaction file against your database. If you don’t have the necessary rights, contact your RPS database administrator.
- County staff responsible for database updates must select municipal transaction files individually.
- Processing instructions are contained within the STAR Credit Update user interface.
- You will have the option to select the roll year against which transactions will be applied.
- Prior to tax bill processing, you must remove STAR exemption data for mobile homes and cooperative units that will receive the STAR credit.
- Batch transactions will not act on parcels that meet the following criteria; you will have the opportunity to manually add the “99999” marker exemption code where appropriate:
- Property Class Code = 416
- Owner Code = P or Q
- The parcel has multiple STAR exemptions
For all assessors: “C” (STAR credit eligible) report
- This report lists all parcels that will receive a STAR credit check as of the date of the report. If a registered property owner does not appear on your list, this does not mean they won’t receive a STAR credit check this year; we continue to approve registrations daily.
- Localities that do not use RPSV4 should use this file to update their roll file.
- All assessors can save a copy of this file as a record of the year’s STAR credit recipients.
- If your assessing unit does not have properties that will receive a check, you will see the message "No 'C' status records available" when you select View.
Viewing and downloading the reports
- The View option displays 20 records per page. Select a column heading to sort in ascending order.
- To download the file:
- Select Download.
- Save and unzip the file.
- Open the file in Microsoft Excel.