User tips for the Online Assessment Community
If you're a member of the Online Assessment Community, please follow the user tips below to ensure a successful experience with the Online Assessment Community website.
Tip 1: Always access the Online Assessment Community directly from the Tax Department’s website.
Tip 2: Do not make the login page a bookmark or favorite in your browser. Instead:
- See Property tax and assessment administration. (You’re welcome to bookmark this page.)
- From the left-hand menu, select Assessment community online services.
- Select Assessment community login from the drop-down.
Tip 3: Reset your password every 90 days (they expire after that).You can:
- reset your own password using the self-service link on the login page, or
- contact ORPTS at 518-591-5233 for assistance. Staff is available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tip 4: Do not reuse passwords.
Tip 5: Do not share accounts.
Tip 6: Update your account information using the update my account link on the NY.gov welcome page.
Tip 7: If you experience technical difficulties logging in to your Assessment Community account, it may help to:
- clear your cookies, temporary files, and history from your browser; and
- re-boot your computer.