Telephone number information—businesses
- Beverage Container Deposit Initiators 518-485-2889
Get help registering as a Beverage Container Deposit Initiator or with filing and paying. Also see Beverage container deposits.
- Corporate Dissolution Unit 518-485-2639
Get information about dissolving, merging or changing a business. See Close or end a business and Form TR-125, Instructions for voluntary dissolution of a New York Corporation.
- Corporation Tax Information Center 518-485-6027
Get help with forms, filings and payments. Also see Corporation tax.
- Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax 518-485-2392
Find out about filing and paying this tax. Also see Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax.
- Miscellaneous Business Tax Information Center 518-457-5735
Get information about: Highway Use Tax, IFTA, or OSCAR, Diesel Motor Fuel and Petroleum Business Tax, Cigarette, Tobacco and Alcohol Taxes, Waste Tire Management Fee, Hazardous Waste tax, New York City taxicab tax. Also see Miscellaneous taxes and reporting requirements.
- PrompTax Customer Service Center 518-457-2332
Get help with forms, filing and payments and mandatory and voluntary participation in PrompTax. Also see PrompTax Program.
- Sales Tax Information Center 518-485-2889
Find out about registering as a sales tax vendor, filing and paying. Also see Sales and Use Tax.
- Disagree with a business tax bill 518-485-0384
To disagree with your bill for sales, corporation, withholding, or Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax. Also see Dispute a bill or adjusted refund. You may also use "Respond to department Notice" from your Online Services account.
- Withholding Tax Information Center 518-485-6654
Get information about filing, payments and wage withholding. See Withholding Tax.
- Motor vehicle insurers, franchisors, and alcoholic beverage wholesalers 518-485-2889
Get information about filing annual information returns for motor vehicle insurers, franchisors, and alcoholic beverage wholesalers. Also see Annual reporting requirement.
- Reporting payments on Form 1099-K 518-485-2889
Get help with reporting payments to merchants as reimbursement for credit and debit card transactions (1099-K). Also see Reporting requirements.
- Child Support Enforcement 518-485-6820
Update your information, get information about your case and respond to enforcement actions, such as a warrant, levy or seizure. If you have questions about a support order, contact the New York State Child Support Customer Service.
- Civil Enforcement Division 518-457-5434
Get information or respond to a bill or enforcement actions, such as a warrant or levy. Also, see Pay a bill. You can respond online to bills and many notices using your Online Services account.
- Taxpayer Rights Advocate 518-530-4357
Get help from an independent organization within the department if you have tried all other reasonable avenues to reach a remedy, or when the tax problem causes undue economic harm. Also see Office of Taxpayer Rights Advocate.
- Estate Tax 518-457-5387
Learn about estate tax laws, requirements, forms and filing. Also see Estate Tax.
- Forms Ordering 518-457-5431
Order forms by telephone or see Forms and instructions.
- Internal Affairs 518-485-8698
Report allegations of misconduct by Department employees.
- Mortgage Recording Tax and Real Estate Transfer Tax Information Center 518-457-8637
Get help with forms, filing and payments. Also see Mortgage recording tax and Real estate transfer tax.
- Press Office 518-457-7377
For reporters, news producers, those writing for news publication and broadcasts, and other people working on news programs or stories. Also see Press and Submit a Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) request.
- Report tax evasion and fraud 518-457-0578
Report an individual or company you suspect is not complying with the tax law. Also see Report tax evasion and fraud.