SLMS supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, and 11
- Safari versions 5, 6, and 7
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
For best results, we recommend using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
If you are having trouble accessing SLMS, follow these tips before continuing:
Tip # 1: Clear your cookies, temporary files and history from your browser.
- Close all of your browser windows and open a new browser session.
- Follow the instructions below for your browser.
3. Close your browser window and open a new browser session. Follow tip # 2 below.
Tip # 2: Do not use a bookmark or favorite for any of the Online Services or SLMS pages. Instead:
- Visit the Tax Department's Web site at www.tax.ny.gov.
- Select Login in the banner at the top right.
- Then select Login on the "Online Services" page.
- Sign in to your Online Services account.
- From your Account Summary Homepage, under "Services", select Tax preparer registration program and then select Register myself as a tax preparer.
- Select SLMS to launch the program.
- You click on the SLMS button in your Online Services account but are not automatically logged into SLMS.
Please contact us at (518) 457-1929.
- You receive an error stating "You are not authorized to access this component" when navigating SLMS.
Follow tip # 1 and tip # 2 from above.
Wrong Curriculum/Unable to locate curriculum
- You are enrolled in the wrong curriculum.
See our instructions for adding a curriculum and dropping a curriculum. If you are still unable to locate the correct curriculum, please contact us at (518) 457-1929.
Logged out of SMLS
- You accidentally logged our of SLMS and need to get back into it.
Close your browser window and follow tip # 2 above.
Course not completing
- You complete a course but it still shows as "In-Progress."
When you complete a course, the last page of each online learning session has a link to a certificate that can be printed or saved. Each preparer is required to print their certification of completion and save a copy for their records. To print, press the print button in the upper right of your certificate. To save a copy of your certificate, press "Ctrl + S" on your keyboard and select a location to save the file. If a course does not show as "Completed" in the "My Learning" page, please contact us at (518) 457-1929.
API Adapter Error
- You receive an "API Adapter Error" message.
Please verify that you have the following in your internet browser's trusted sites:
How to add to Trusted Sites:
- In Internet Explorer, select the gear icon in the upper right (ALT + X keyboard shortcut).
- Select Internet Options from the menu.
- Select Security from the tab menu and then select the green checkmark Trusted sites.
- Select Sites, and type (or copy and paste) the following addresses:
Once you've finished entering the addresses, select Add.
- Select Close.
- Select OK.
- Close all open browser windows and navigate to www.tax.ny.gov. Follow tip # 2 above.
If you have verified that these addresses are listed within your trusted sites list and are still receiving the API Adapter Error, please contact us at (518) 457-1929.