Online Services Account - Terms and Conditions for Tax Professionals
- I certify that I am duly authorized to register with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance (DTF) as a Master Administrator on behalf of my company, and to act on behalf of my company with respect to my company's Online Services Account maintained by DTF. I further certify that my company is a tax preparation firm or payroll service provider, which has a valid Electronic Filer Identification Number (EFIN) issued by the Internal Revenue Service.
- I understand and agree that an Online Services Account username and password are selected by me for the purpose of enabling me to conduct Online Services Account functions with DTF on behalf of my company.
- I understand and agree that I am responsible for keeping the username and password confidential, and must not allow any other person to use them for any reason.
- With the express permission of my company, I am authorized to access all of my company's tax information that is currently available, or will be available in the future, to designate other persons within my company to have access to my company's tax information maintained in the Online Services Account, to receive confidential information from the tax department, and to conduct transactions on behalf of my company using the Account. In the case of my company, a tax preparation firm or payroll service provider, this includes access to tax information of clients of the company who have authorized the company to file returns or other tax documents, initiate electronic payments, receive confidential information and have access to their tax information via an Online Services Account. I understand and agree that I have an obligation to authenticate any person designated by me to act under the provisions of this paragraph. It is also understood and agreed that any person so designated likewise agrees to be subject to all of the terms and conditions set forth herein, including, without limitation, the obligation to keep their username and password confidential and to use them only for authorized job-related activities. I also agree to remove access rights from any person so designated if a change of circumstances warrant such removal, e.g., if the person leaves the employ of the company or if their job responsibilities change such that it is no longer appropriate for the person to have such access.
- I understand that I must provide true, accurate, current and complete information when creating and conducting transactions in an Online Services Account and agree to maintain and update account information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- I understand and agree that my company cannot access or receive tax information of a client unless that client has specifically authorized my company to access and receive their information, either by the client's providing express authorization directly by adding my company as a Tax Professional to their Online Services Account, or via the client's providing the company with a signed Form TR-2000 "Tax Information Access and Transaction Authorization Form."
- I understand and agree that if I make a payment with a credit or debit card, then I certify that (i) I have been authorized by the card holder to use the card account information to make such a payment and (ii) that I have informed the card holder about, and the card holder has agreed to pay, the non-refundable convenience fee, which is in addition to the amount of the tax payment. See Wells Fargo card payment information to learn more about card payments and the current convenience fee. If I make a payment via electronic funds withdrawal, the account holder by authorizing an ACH (automated clearing house) transaction is bound by the NACHA (National Automated Clearing House Association) Operating Rules, by operation of law (for consumer accounts), or by specific agreement by accepting these terms and conditions, and making payment from a business account.
- I understand and agree that I must use my own username and password to access an Online Services Account. I cannot use a client's or another employee of my company's username and password to access an account.
- I understand that access to tax information of clients of my company is granted by DTF at the company level. I understand and agree that as a Master Administrator for my company, I have a responsibility to manage access by employees of the company to both my company's and client information. I further agree to supervise employee use of the Online Services Account and to monitor accesses made to ensure that employee access to information is appropriate, consistent with the access privileges granted each employee by me.
- My company and I, and any other person within my company duly designated to have access to the Online Services Account, are jointly responsible for the security of the company's Online Services Account. My company, my designee(s), and I can be held responsible for any access gained and/or any transactions attempted or completed by any unauthorized person who gains access to the Online Services Account or tax information of clients of my company as a result of a failure to safeguard our username(s) and password(s).
- I will immediately report to my company and DTF (by calling 518-485-7884) any information that would lead a reasonable person to believe that an unauthorized person had obtained access to any username and password duly authorized pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- I will not use my username and password for personal use. I will only use them for the purpose of Online Services Account functions and performing job-related activities authorized by my company.
- I will disable my Master Administrator Online Services Account if I leave the employ of my company, or if my job responsibilities change such that Online Services Account administration or access is no longer part of my responsibilities. In such event(s), if an alternate Master Administrator has not been authorized prior to my removal as Master Administrator, my company's Online Services Account can only be re-enabled for use by the company's completion of a new full Online Services account creation process by an owner, officer or authorized employee who will become the new Master Administrator.
- This agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of New York State.
- I understand that Online Services Accounts are being run, in part, through the NYe-Net, which is maintained by the New York State Office for Technology (OFT), and that as an additional condition for use of this application, I am required to agree to the Acceptable Use Policy for Users of NY.gov.
- I understand DTF may change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. I am responsible for checking these terms periodically for changes. If I continue to use an Online Services Account after DTF posts changes, I am signifying acceptance of the new terms.
- I understand DTF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, and at any time, to terminate my access to my Online Services Account without liability to me or any third party. In addition, access to the site may be monitored by DTF.
- I understand actual or attempted unauthorized use of any service offered through an Online Services Account may result in criminal and/or civil liability. DTF reserves the right to view, monitor and record activity or use of all services offered through an Online Services Account without notice or permission from me or my company. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity while using an Online Services Account.
- I understand DTF may discontinue, edit, delete or change any service offered through an Online Services Account, including, but not limited to:
- restricting availability times
- restricting compatibility to certain computer software or hardware
- restricting amounts of use permitted
- restricting, suspending or terminating a user's right to use any or all of the services offered through an Online Services Account at the DTF's sole discretion and without prior notice or liability.
Disclaimer, Privacy and Security Policies