Job incentives for businesses
Hire a veteran credit
Looking to hire well-trained employees with real-world work experience? Think about hiring a veteran.
Employing qualified veterans full time in New York State for at least one year may entitle you to a tax credit. You can carry forward any unused amount of the credit for the following three years!
See Hire a veteran credit to learn about eligibility requirements.
$5,000 per veteran
$15,000 per disabled veteran
Empire State apprenticeship tax credit
Are you a certified sponsor employing an apprentice in the New York State Registered Apprenticeship (RA) program? You may be entitled to tax credits for each apprentice you hire on or after January 1, 2018. Enhanced credits are offered to those who employ disadvantaged youth as apprentices and for those programs that engage the support of a mentor.
You must employ qualified apprentices full-time (a minimum of 35 hours per week) for at least six months during the tax year.
$6,000 per qualified apprentice
$7,000 per disadvantaged youth
depending upon the year of apprenticeship
New York Youth Jobs Program tax credit
Give disadvantaged youths the opportunity to gain transferable professional skills and become a part of your workforce, without breaking the bank.
You may be eligible for the New York Youth Jobs Program when you hire at-risk youths, ages 16 to 24 years, living in specific target areas of New York State. The Department of Labor must certify you to participate in the program.
$3,750 for part-time hires
$7,500 for full-time hires
You can help support fair and equal employment practices in New York State with your involvement and trim your labor costs at the same time—so get hiring today! See General business corporation (Article 9-A) tax credits and visit Department of Labor: Businesses to learn more.
All job credits
- Economic Transformation and Facility Redevelopment Program tax credit
- Empire State apprenticeship tax credit
- Empire State Jobs Retention Program credit
- Employee Training Incentive Program (E-TIP) tax credit
- Employment incentive credit
- Employment of persons with disabilities credit (WETC)
- Excelsior Jobs Program tax credit
- Farm workforce retention credit
- Hire a veteran credit
- Minimum wage reimbursement credit
- New York Youth Jobs Program tax credit
- QETC employment credit
- Recovery Tax Credit
- Security officers training tax credit
- Workers with disabilities credit