Income tax refund debit cards
How debit cards work
You can now choose to receive your income tax refund on a debit card. Debit cards:
- Provide a secure, convenient, and cost effective way for you to
manage your money.
- Allow you to avoid check cashing fees.
- In most instances, there's no charge for using the card to make cash withdrawals or purchases. See the fee schedule.
Once the Tax Department has processed your return, you'll be issued a debit card in the amount of your refund.
If you and your spouse filed a joint return, each of you will receive separate debit cards in a single envelope. Each card provides access to the entire amount of the refund.
Using the debit card
- Make cash withdrawals
- Make purchases (with the option of getting cash back)
- Pay bills and transfer funds online
Other debit card information