Telephone number infomation -- individuals
Individuals & Fiduciaries
- Personal Income Tax Refund status 518-457-5149
Check the status of your New York State personal income tax refund. Also see Check your refund status online.
- Personal Income Tax Information Center 518-457-5181
Get help with forms, filing, payments and other questions. For personal income tax information, see Individuals.
- Property Tax Freeze Credit 518-453-8146
Get information about the property tax freeze program and its eligibility requirements.Also see Property tax freeze credit.
- Family Tax Relief Credit 518-485-1057
Get information about the family tax relief credit and its eligibility requirements. Also see Family tax relief credit.
- 1099 G 518-457-5181
Obtain the amount of last year's New York State personal income tax overpayment. We no longer mail Form 1099-G, Statement for Recipients of State Income Tax Refunds. See 1099-G Information.
- Disagree with a personal income tax bill or adjusted refund (Bill: 518-485-9791) (Refund: 518-485-6549)
You can call us or see Dispute a bill or adjusted refund. You may also “Respond to Department Notice” using your Online Services account.
- Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax 518-485-2392
Find out about filing and paying this tax. Also see Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax.
- Partnership, limited liability company, and limited liability partnership filing fee 518-457-5181
Get information about filing annual information returns and paying the annual filing fee. Also see Partnerships.
- Child Support Enforcement 518-485-6820
Update your information, pay a bill or arrange payments. Get information about your case and respond to enforcement actions, such as a warrant, levy or seizure. If you have questions about a support order, contact the New York State Child Support Customer Service.
- Civil Enforcement Division 518-457-5434
Update your information, pay a bill or arrange payments. Get information or respond to a bill or enforcement actions, such as a warrant or levy. Also see Pay a bill. You can respond online to bills and many notices using your Online Services account.
- Employment verification 518-530-4672
Verify employment of Department of Taxation and Finance employees.
- Estate Tax 518-457-5387
Learn about estate tax laws, requirements, forms and filing. Also see Estate Tax.
- Forms Ordering 518-457-5431
Order forms by telephone or see Forms and instructions.
- Internal Affairs 518-451-1566
Report allegations of misconduct by Department employees.
- Mortgage Recording Tax and Real Estate Transfer Tax Information Center 518-457-8637
Get help with forms, filing and payments. Also see Mortgage recording tax and Real estate transfer tax.
- Press Office 518-457-7377
For reporters, news producers, those writing for news publication and broadcasts, and other people working on news programs or stories. Also see Press and Submit a Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) request.
- Property tax and assessment information 518-591-5232
For more information see Property Taxes and Assessments.
- Report tax evasion and fraud 518-457-0578
Report an individual or company you suspect is not complying with the tax law. Also see Report tax evasion and fraud.