A 50-cents-per-trip tax was imposed on certain New York City taxicab trips. The tax applies to:
- trips that start and end in New York City; and
- trips that start in New York City and end in Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk, or Westchester counties.
Medallion owners (or their agents) are currently required to pay the trip tax and file electronic returns.
How to pay the tax
Medallion owners (or their agents) must electronically file returns and pay the 50-cents-per-trip tax each calendar quarter using Taxicab Web File.
- Medallion owners will need an Online Services account to file returns electronically.
- Medallion owners who are not represented by an agent will file a single return for the medallions that you own.
If you're an agent representing medallion owners, you must file a single return that will contain information for all the medallion owners and medallions that you represent.
- Your Online Services account will list each medallion owner that you represent, based on the most current information available.
- Review and update information by adding or removing owners as necessary.
- You must provide trip information for each individual medallion that you represent.
- You can update medallion information by adding or removing medallions as necessary.
Be sure to save screen prints of your filing information for your records.
Reporting periods and due dates
Medallion owners (or their agents) must file electronically and pay within 20 days after the end of each quarter.
||Report due date
|January 1 - March 31
|April 1 - June 30
|July 1 - September 30
|October 1 - December 31